Monday, June 19, 2017

High On A Mountain Top

Hello humans.

It's been an adventurous day to say the least. We woke up, studied,
cleaned, got groceries, then rushed to Cartagena to meet up with
everyone and go to a pueblo of the elders. So we go to this pueblo
called Sierra Minera where (quote Elder Wilding) "There's a cool
mountain we can hike with a castle and stuff." Well.....there was a
mountain, and a castle, and stuff......but what the brochure didn't
tell us is that there is no real path, nor that you can't go exploring
the mines, NOR that there are many nests of hornets if you come down
the Stupid Way #2. Soooo long shory stort, on the way up, we were
attacked by thistles and on the way down, I accidentally stepped on an
unseen hornets nest, got stung three times in the arm, then launched
myself away bc heck no I ain't staying there to be attacked by those
little nasties and skid down a rock and scraped up my leg.....so we
got off the train looking all nice and shiny and got back on looking
like victims of war. Crazy hair, bee stings, scraped legs and arms,
and dirt....everywhere. Quite an adventure.

The hike today. Elder Ngtai was telling me about a video gamecalled sky room or something even though I have no clue what it is buthe felt the need to tell me. This was before I got attacked by beesand rocks.


Now to back up to the rest of the week. Tuesday I woke up in Málaga,
went to Fuengirola, then to the mission home to pick up my new
companion!! Her name is HERMANA PALMER and she is from Arizona and is
super great. She's already working so hard and her Spanish has already
improved. She loves the people here so much just automatically it's
such an example to me that you don't have to speak the same language
to love God's children. I'm learning a lot being her trainer and
hopefully teaching her some. But I know that I'm going to learn more
from her than she will from me during this time together.

WOOHOO CARTAG TWEDE PALMER WOOHOO
A lot of this last half of the week has been meeting people and
contacting. A contacting miracle that happened the other day was after
we had gone through all our back up plans and normal plans and
everything else so I guided her home and we parked the car and started
contacting. But first, we had to make some cards really quick bc we
had none. So we kneel down to pray and it was my turn and I just
really was needing a miracle that day so I said, "Heavenly Father,
please help us to find someone who needs our message, who wants to
listen to us." Well, we got rejected by a girl and her mom, then got
into a 20 minute long convo about the weirdest things and gave a Libro
de Mormon to a drunk man, and this was right before we go in to Piso
but decided to walk a little more and this older guy practically jumps
out and grabs us and says, "Hey, who are you guys? What church are you
from? What is that book?" And right there, on the side of the street,
we taught this man the entire lesson of the Restoration in about 10
minutes, gave him a Book of Mormon and left. He was so happy to get
that book it was awesome. Such a direct answer to our prayer. Then we
saw him yesterday on the way home from church and he waved and said he
had read some of the book we gave him!! Really praying that he decides
to continue with the lessons. If not, I know he will one day. He needs
the gospel.

I love the mission so much. I love this opportunity I have to teach
Hermana Palmer how to love the mission. How to talk to these people
and show them that they are precious children of God. I love my Savior
Jesus Christ. I love my Heavenly Father and I know He is constantly
guiding me. I know that this church is the only true church on the
earth because it has the authority of God. I'm grateful to be a part
of this work here in Spain. I will forever be indebted to my Heavenly
Father for this opportunity He has given me.

Love you all!! Chao!!

Kia Kaha

Hermana Twede

Our fave fam who left for Ecuador for the summer today:(

Manicures on the bus on the way to church

No comments:

Post a Comment