Monday, August 21, 2017

ESTERNOCLEIDOMASTOIDEO

No I'm not playing alphabet soup with the title, that, ladies and gentlemen, is Sternocleidomastoid in Spanish. If you don't know what a sternocleidomastoid is, it is one of two thick muscles running from the sternum and clavicle to the mastoid and occipital bone; it turns the head obliquely to the opposite side; when acting together those two muscles flex the neck and extend the head. There's your anatomy lesson for the day. I'm just getting y'all warmed up for school that apparently starts this week.

Anyway.....this week was pretty awesome. Tuesday we had interviews with President Andersen and they were sooooo great. I love that man. I always think that I could have never served in a different mission bc I don't know what I would've done with a different mission President. Also these people. Today we were talking to one of my favorite abuelas ever and I just thought, if I had never decided to serve a mission, never come to Spain, I would have never met this wonderful human. All these wonderful human beings here in Spain. How grateful I am for the decision I made a looooong time ago to do this with my life.

The rest of the week was good. Thursday was Zone Conf and it was really good to see some of my good friends in the mission. Learned a lot about how to find more people and how we need to strengthen the members we have and work with them. So we're working on that. We had it in Alicante and woke up at 5:15 to get ready and go to the church so I could practice for the musical number, then to the train station for a 2 hour train ride. After the conference and getting home, we were so pooped. We made cookie bars for our investigator's birthday the next day and then by the time we went to bed we were dead.

Friday was fun bc we surpised our cute investigator with cookies and she was soooo happy. Feels so good to make someone else happy. Then Saturday was really cool. We planned and we said a prayer to end and I had this reoccurring feeling to visit this Menos Activa who we just planned to call that day. So when we had comp study, we were figuring out what to teach our investigator and said a prayer and during the prayer, I had an impression to pray if we should go visit this lady so I did and got a distinct answer that yes, we need to go see her. (If you don't think the spirit tells you what to pray for you are wrong......He does) So we called and she sounded bad and almost didn't let us come, but I was determined bc I knew we needed to go. So we just showed up at her house and changed all out plans and it was EXACTLY what we needed to do. The day before, she had something really awful happen and that day we went her and her family were still shaken up. So we went and were able to give her a little bit of comfort. After her, we went to another menos activa who we also didn't plan on going to who has been avoiding our calls and never home. We passed by and she was home too!! Milagros!! She really needed a visit too, she's been dished a good one lately and needed some love. Then we went and explored this creepy pueblo we have now and knocked on a creepy door with a creepy peephole and felt like I was reenacting a horror movie. But it was good.

It was a good week. My spiritual thought today comes from an experience yesterday and one I get every Sunday and one I've had almost every Sunday my whole mission. I have been blessed with the gift of being able to play the piano so I've had the glorious opportunity to play piano in Primary. This ward has been my favorite to play for. These kids just love the songs soooo much and they sing their little hearts out every week. Yesterday, they were singing the song, "I'm trying to be like Jesus" and it became my favorite song in that book. When I heard them sing the words, "“Ama a otros cual Cristo te ama. Sé bondadoso y tierno y fiel. Pues esto es lo que Jesús nos enseña”. Yo quiero seguirlo a Él." I realized how grateful I am to be a part of a church and gospel that teaches little children gospel truths in simple songs. So my invitation to you it to "Love one another as Jesus loves you. Be kind and loving and faithful. Because that is what Jesus teaches us. I WANT TO FOLLOW HIM!!"

Have a great week!! Love you all.

Kia Kaha.

Hermana Twede

This is what we happened upon walking into lunch today.

Zone Conference travelling is rough!

Possibly the last time Hna Lopez and I will see each other before the end of our missions.


No comments:

Post a Comment