Monday, August 14, 2017

PEACHY 🍑

Ok so last week we bought these ENORMOUS peaches and so much fruit and
then decided to whip out the hand blender for the 🎶first time in
forever🎶 and we made......SMOOTHIES!! For the first time in over a
year I had a real smoothie in a country where they don't exist. And
let me tell you.....they were DELISH. I think I had one everyday for
breakfast. We are now a hand blender household.

Well this week has been a good one!! I'm gonna do a quick run
through......kinda been a little uneventful seeing as we've been
trying to organize ourselves for our newish area so it's been an
adventure.

Tuesday we went and met with Obispo Gomez and had a REALLY good
meeting with him about our new areas and what his expectations are. We
came out of the meeting feeling like we had gotten to know him and his
family better and that we're now on the same page. So that was really
good.

This week has been A LOT of calling people. We have over 50 references
from the elders bc of the area change so we've had to take time
during the day to get some of those calls done. Well, one of the days,
after a lot of hang ups, one 31 minute phone call, and fake phone
numbers, we set up some citas with new, old, and future
investigators!!

Our new organized area map!! We were so proud. We tried thinking of cool names for each group.
We ended up calling them Zone 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Sunday, we had the chance to go visit one of these future
investigators and we were ready to teach him the first lesson and had
a plan on how we were gonna teach it. Well....the world was against us
on finding his house first off. It took us 30 minutes, 10000000 phone
calls with him, talking to two other people on the street, and almost
tears from Hermana Twede before he came and found us in his car and we
followed him to his house. THEN! He lives alone........and we didn't
have a woman with us. We walked up to the house and it hit me so we
had a nice lesson with us sitting outside and him inside. But it went
really well. We felt the spirit and he understood everything we talked
about. Towards the end, in my head I just kept thinking, "We are going
to invite this man to baptism." And we did!! And he accepted!! We set
a fecha with him for the 10th of Septiembre. Such a good lesson and
such a miracle!!

Also I'm grateful today for my medical knowledge. We got a call from
the ZLs on their way to the bus station and they found a woman throwing
up in need of an ambulance. Needless to say my instincts kicked in and
Hna Palmer and I were sprinting out the door, went and picked up the
woman and took her to the hospital. From the answers she gave me when
I was asking her questions, I think she had a case of heat exhaustion
and moving onto heat stroke. So grateful for my lifeguard and EMT
training.....not something you get everyday as a missionary.

But this week I've learned a lot about faith. I'm reading the whole
Book of Mormon in 26 days which means about 20 pgs a day and I'm
focusing on faith. I've been reading a lot about Christ. Man those
prophets really testify of Him sooooo much!! But something I learned
is that Christ came down, suffered, and died to bring salvation to the
souls of men. But we can only access that salvation, that eternal
life, through FAITH on His name, that He is our Savior, and let that
faith carry us into repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and
enduring to the end. So people? HAVE FAITH!! If you don't have
any, start doing the little things to get some. Alma 32:27 is a good
one to read if you only have the DESIRE to believe.

I know He lives and is my Savior. I am doing my best to bring the good
news of the gospel to His children here. I love my mission. I love my
Savior. I know it's true.

Love you all. Have a great week!!

P.S. Sorry I wasn't as whitty this week. Try me next week. But hey the
weather decided to take an actual chill pill this week so that was
great!! Ok that's all bye.

Hermana Twede

The sky on the bus ride home from church on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment