Monday, September 11, 2017

THE PROMISED LAND

HI FRIENDS!!

Soooooo I've officially arrived to the promised land of Alicante!! I
seriously LOVE it here! It's one of those places where I just think,
"Wow. This is my place. These are my people." I really love it.

But I'll back up.....Monday and Tuesday was saying goodbyes in
Cartagena. Monday we had a great Noche de Hogar/Dinner with Patricio
and fam and it was soooo good!! They are such a fuerte family. Tuesday
was District Meeting, lunch with Mamita, studying, packing, meeting
with JUAN(!!!!!), and a great Noche de Hogar with some of my favorite
ladies in San Pedro. We saw soooo many miracles those few days in the
trio it was awesome. The husband of one of our members joined our NdH
for the first time ever in my 4 months there and he's a nonmember and
because Hna Palmer is a máquina, she got him sharing about how he has
seen blessing of the gospel in his family's life. It was awesome. But
one of the biggest miracles of the two days was me fitting everything
in my suitcases!! S/O to Hna Stringfellow for the master packing
skills.

Wednesday I made the small trek to Alicante vía bus. Since then I've
been WALKING!!! Aw I cannot explain the joy that walking and using my
legs is. On Wednesday I almost died but it felt soooo good. I've just
been meeting the ward members and investigators and EVERYONE IS
SOOOOOO NICE!! Also, MILAGRO OF MY LIFE: PEOPLE HERE CAN PRONOUNCE MY
NAME ON THE FIRST TIME! THEY LOVE IT!! This has never happened.....not
at home, not in the mission, and probably never again. Everyone is
like, "Hermanaaaaa Tweedy?? Oh! Jaja Hermana Tweedy!" It's awesome.

Friday, we hopped on a bus and headed for Málaga for CONSEJO!! I think
in English it's Missionary Leadership Conference or something?? Oh my
it was soooo good. So much spirit and learning and it was soooo good.
At the beginning of the meeting I just looked at everyone and thought,
"Wow. This is a room full of INCREDIBLE missionaries." It was really
cool. That night we got to spend the night with the STLT's AKA Hna
Moore so that was cool. Love her and all the Hermanas.

Sunday was sooo good!! I LOVE THE WARD!! They are so awesome and just
feel like family!! I'm so excited for the opportunity to be here and
serve these people. We're gonna see soooo many miracles, we've already
seen so many.

Well spiritual stuff then we out. Mainly I just have a strong
testimony of God and His plan for us. I know that He had my mission
planned out A LONG time ago. I've gone through my mission asking why
when things don't go my way and why I was being put in certain places.
I've come to the realization over my mission that I am not here for
me. It doesn't matter how I thought my mission would go or how I
wanted it to go, Heavenly Father did His will. And for that I am
grateful. I know that I've been exactly where I've needed to be and
I'm so grateful for the opportunity to do His will. I love the
mission. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior. I love the gospel.

Love you all. Have a great week!!!

Hermana Twede

Noche de Hogar

Juan

Alicante Zone with our donkey friends

Me and Hna Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment