Monday, October 9, 2017

ADVENTURE LAND

Did you know that Spain weather can be about as predictable as Utah
weather? Let me give you an example: Saturday, we were walking home
from a meeting with the missionaries at the church and it was BLAZING
hot. While we were doing studies and just about to leave, we heard a
strange noise and looked outside to see what? RAIN! And lots of it!!
So the rest of the night we were a little wet and a little cold
but.....it's ok.

Ok so this week I honestly can't remember that much what happened but
I'll do my best. So Monday night we had a killer Noche de Hogar and
then after we ate some delish Bolivian food called Majao. SO GOOD!
Then we had to run to our next Noche de Hogar. Literally run. We
arrived red faced and sweaty and just passed a folleto back and forth
between us because we forgot our fans. But it was awesome because we
all just talked about how awesome conference was.

Tuesday was district meeting and then met with our investigator and
set a baptismal date with her!! Such a spiritually powerful lesson and
you could see he light of Christ in her so much!! Then we had
correlación, clases de inglés, and ward Noche de Hogar.

Wednesday was great and had some great Noches de Hogar and received
some delish food. Thursday was weekly planning and we had a really
good, long planning session. Then later that day we taught our
investigator about the word of wisdom and it went really well and we
committed her to live it. On our walk home that night, a guy stopped
us asking about what we believe and soon figured out that he was
actually interested and set a cita with him!! MILAGROS!!

Friday morning we did service for a menos activa and found another
menos activa in the process. MILAGROS!!! Then we had an interesting
lesson with our investigator and we are in the process of bettering
our teaching with her so that she can feel the desire to continue
living God's commandments.  We had some other great lessons with menos
activos, Gregorio, and lots of food. And then our guy who's in charge
of our Piso came to store some stuff and was impressed with our
organization skills.

Saturday like I said started out hot and ended very very wet and cold.
Amongst all of it, we practiced our dance (no worries we got
permission) for our ward activity on Thursday. We also had a run in
with a friend who was having some issues with the word of wisdom so
that was an adventure for sure. After we went and visited with a
member and then went home, showered, and studied.

Sunday we had our friend from Thursday night come to church!!
MILAGRO!! Then we had two menos activos come to church and our recent
convert!! Such an awesome day. And it was fast Sunday and oh man I
just love fast Sunday. So spiritually filling.

So my thought this week comes from some reflecting I did this week.  I
was looking through my old letters to my mission President because I
was curious about what I wrote about at the beginning of my mission.
Wow. I forget how hard those first few months were. But at the same
time, I look back and then look at where I am now and I see A LOT of
growth. Sometimes it's hard to see when you're living in the moment,
but when you look back to see where you were, that's when Heavenly
Father is like, "LOOK!!" It reminds me of the quote from Elder
Holland's talk from just last weekend,

"Leo Tolstoy wrote once of a priest who was criticized by one of his
congregants for not living as resolutely as he should, the critic
concluding that the principles the erring preacher taught must
therefore also be erroneous.
In response to that criticism, the priest says: “Look at my life now
and compare it to my former life. You will see that I am trying to
live out the truth I proclaim.”"

Am I a perfect missionary? No. Am I perfect disciple of Christ? No.
But am I trying, as this priest did, to "live out the truth I
proclaim"? I would say absolutely yes. Are we perfect people? No. But
are we trying to be better everyday? Yes. And that's all the Lord asks
of us. I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who teaches His children
about eternal progression and encourages us instead of tearing us
down. I love this gospel and for this opportunity to immerse myself in
His work. The gospel is true. I know it. I live it. I love it.

Have a great week. Love you all.

Hermana Twede

Made paella this week....I'm almost a Spainard.

Back scratches still going strong. My roommates prepared me for this life :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment