Monday, September 12, 2016

Holy Hades

Hi.
So I think Granada has all the seasons mixed up because the beginning
of the week was as hot as Hades.....like no joke. 40 degrees Celsius (104 Farenhiet)
and above. Ugh hot. But it's ok. I'm not quite ready for the cold so
the heat can stay as long as it wants.

I don't even know where to start this week. My Spanish has
definitely improved this week and I have had the opportunity to
testify a lot and I'm getting less and less afraid to speak up in
lessons. BLESSINGS.

I think the major thing I want to talk about this week is an
experience I had on I think Friday?? I don't know. All the days are running
together. Anyway, we had been trying for the past 2 days to visit
an investigator but her door was broken and she didn't have keys. So
on Friday we took one of the members with us to go visit her and her
boyfriend/husband/don't quite know yet answered. We've been teaching
him and his sister too with our investigator. Our original
investigator was out looking for work which was disappointing but we
ended up teaching them about the Book of Mormon. They are from Ecuador
and their mom is a member, but they are not. So as we are teaching we
got to teach about the Restoration again because he didn't know about it
when we thought he did. Then we just kept talking about the Book of
Mormon. Ever since I've been in my mission, my testimony of the
truthfulness of that book has increased so much. So I testified that I
know it is true. I know it's true because when I was 14 years old, I
knelt in prayer and asked God to tell me it was true. When I prayed I
felt the Holy Ghost bear witness to my soul that it was. Ever since
then I've known it was true. But we couldn't tell them it was true,
they needed to find out for themselves. Then we asked the sister if
she had read some of it like we had asked her and she said it was hard
to understand. I told them both that if they say a prayer before they
read, they will understand. I told them that God knows the importance
of this book. It took so much for us to get this book, but God made it
happen because He knows it will change lives for the better. It's His
word, and if we ask for it, He will help us.

You could definitely feel the Spirit in that lesson. The member then
told me after that yeah I don't have a lot of vocabulary yet, but she
said I testified with such power that it didn't matter. That was cool
to hear but it wasn't me. It was the Spirit.

Just like Ammon says, "I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my
joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my
God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore
I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we
have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

God is at the helm of this church and this work. You don't realize
until you are serving how important it is to share the message we have
with every living creature on the Earth. Members at home, be a member
missionary. We have been told this over and over again but how many of
us actually listen. I know I didn't. And for that I have repented.
Stop thinking that someone else will do it. It is YOUR JOB to share
the gospel. When we were baptized, we promised that we would share His
gospel with His lost sheep. But we for some reason always forget that
part. I don't care where you live. They have non members and less
actives in Utah County too I promise you. So stop leaving all the work
to the missionaries. If members were doing what they were supposed to
be doing, they would need more and more missionaries because we
wouldn't have enough missionaries to teach everyone. So get off your
couch and go share the gospel. Time is running out. As Alma said to
his son Corianton: "Behold, you marvel why these things should be
known so long beforehand. Behold, I say unto you, is not a soul at
this time as precious unto God as a soul will be at the time of his
coming? Is it not as necessary that the plan of redemption should be made
known unto this people as well as unto their children?"
Every single person on this Earth needs His gospel. So get out there
and share it

So that got a little preachy but it's been on my mind a lot this week.
Ok also some things that are fantastic to read.
- All of Alma. I don't know why people get so excited to be done will
Alma. There is so much gold in those chapters! Alma is a stud. Captain
Moroni? Don't even get me started. If you think you can't find answers
to prayers in the war chapters I'm here to tell you you're dead wrong.
Money stuff.
- Chapter 36 in the Manuel Principles of the Gospel. About families.
Good golly they are important. If you're not doing what you need to be
doing to get yourself to the temple and have your family sealed, start
right now. Because I can tell you that it doesn't matter your
questions. If you have a problem with something, turn to God. We
should be building our foundations on Christ not man. Because Christ
is PERFECT and man is not. So get praying and get yourself to the
temple.
- WOMEN/GIRLS: Teaching of the Prophets Manuel. President Hinckley.
Chapter 5. You're so important to this work. Believe in yourself.

Ok well I think I've preached enough for one email. I'll get off my
soapbox and leave with just a few words of advice:
- Kids: brush and floss or your teeth will fall out by the time you
hit college. Your mom is really smart so listen to her. Same with
your dentist.
- Every Human: Don't smoke. Your teeth will fall out. And it smells
bad. And you'll get cancer.

Ok I love you all. Thanks so much for the support!! Have a great week!!

Hermana Twede



This is a Pionono. We walked around the whole city to find one.
They're not as good as everyone says they are. So don't be fooled.
Sorry if you're a fan. They're not that great.

Our piso at night.
Sunday after Church.
 
The street we walk every Sunday.  Very photogenic.  But, so is all of Granada.




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the light of your testimony with us at home! I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the light of your testimony with us at home! I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...Im living my dream of going to Spain through your pictures. Lol. I knew you would kill it out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...Im living my dream of going to Spain through your pictures. Lol. I knew you would kill it out there!

    ReplyDelete