Monday, March 20, 2017

Cadiz....Not.

HOLA AMIGOS MÍOS!! Qué tal?! Pues recibimos llamadas de traslados y me voy a.................NOT CÁDIZ!!! Hah y'all thought I was leaving, jokes on you I'm staying here in good ol' Elche. But fun fact, they are closing the Hnas area in Cádiz this transfer so NO ONE is going there.

So yep me and Hna Pickett get to party it up another transfer here in Elche for which I am STOKED! This area is getting so great and we are always busy so I'm excited to see what God has in store for this area.
This week was pretty great. On Wednesday a crazy man tried to drag Hna Pickett into his Piso....that was weird. Then right after tried to beso her.....even weirder. And the whole time I just stood there in shock, not having time to react. Sorry comp.
Also, more people contacted us than we contacted them so that was cool. And an old man gave us carmelos so even better. Pretty much it. K bye.

Jokes. I'll give a quick run down of the week. Tuesday night we went and visited a member family who we are working with on the Big List. They are just stellar and their kids are the cutest little half Africans ever. They have fros (claro I touch their hair all the time bc it's great) and one of them got corn rows and I'm like, "Yeah girl you embrace that African side of you!" ANYWAY!! We went and poor things they were all sick. So we really wanted to do something for them so we went to Mercadona (our version of Smiths I guess?) and got them optioned up tissues and took advantage of this incredible machine they have there with oranges and you stick a bottle under the nozzle thing and pull the thingy majig (idk what it's called) and it literally just squeezes out fresh orange juice into your bottle. Like straight from the oranges. INCREDIBLE!! So we got them each one and them wrote them a note, put it in front of their door and door bell ditched them. Sort of. Doorbell ditching is a struggle in Spain because everybody lives in apartment buildings so we tried ringing their neighbors to let us in and they didn't buy the, "we are friends of your friends and we want to leave something for a surprise." But thankfully their brother in law walked by and let us in so that was great.

Oh also on Wednesday everyone and their dog failed us so that was cool. But yet we still ended up being super busy. Also we went and found this thing that missionaries here call "The Utter" and it's a machine that gives you the freshest milk ever in Spain. It tastes like the milk in the states so it was incredible. We got some good contacting in and found our crazy cat lady again who we had contacted a few weeks ago. She goes and feeds the stray cats all the time so that's cool. She's super nice and we'll try to set up a cita with her here soon.

I'm skipping to Friday bc it was great. Sorry Thursday, you were great too, but I'm picking favorites this week. So Friday I rolled out of bed at 6:50 and swallowed and thought, "Well fetch." Sore throat. I have yet to get sick on my mission and all my comps have gotten it but literally by miracles from God I've avoided it. But my immune system decided it would be funny to give up for a little bit. So I had a headache and scratchy throat, but we had a good day planned so I downed some ibuprofen and went to work. We went out to a pueblo we didn't know was ours to stop by a reference and get some contacting in and kind of scope out the area. It's called Los Arenales del Sol and it's the cutest little BEACH TOWN ever. So we went to the beach and the Mediterranean was gorg so pics will be coming. No we didn't step foot on the sand, calm down. We are obedient. But we took a couple minutes to go soak in the view and the smells and take some pics. But later soon came to realize that no one lives there until summer so.....no work out there right now and our reference was MIA. But we met her dog.....he didn't seem to like us very much but...,bueno.



After we got back Hna Pickett was trying to convince me to take a nap but I said no. We made lunch, ate, did language study, and then I gave in because I felt like I got hit by a train. But that night I got 1 L of fresh orange juice and downed it real quick and now I'm practically healed. Quickest cold ever and thank heavens!!

Ok Sunday was the coolest day. I know these are always novels but I'll try to be quick. So one of our former investigators (that's weird to say in English) has been comin to church a lot so that's awesome. He brought his little sister and she's just precious and loved primary so that was cool. Then we are sitting there in sacrament (oh btw it was Fathers Day here in Spain on Sunday) and someone walks in and our jaws just dropped. We teach this part member family and the dad hasn't come to church but HE WAS THE ONE WHO WALKED IN!!! He came to see his daughter sing with the primary. It was such a sweet experience to see the whole family in church. GOD IS COOL AND MIRACLES ARE GREAT!!

Today we went to Alicante and hiked to a castle and the view was GORG!! I love Spain and the Mediterranean. Also I said goodbye to my fave Hna Burrell. Gonna miss that crazy lady. Hasta 2018. It's also super hot today so that's fun. But I made the mistake of thinking it'd be cold so I wore a hoodie to hike in.....big mistake. Sweating so hard. Oh well.

The Sights of Alicante




















Quick story and I'm done. I was surprised a little bit at first to hear I was staying here in Elche because everyone expected me to leave. But I guess there's more for me to learn here and my work here isn't done. I was getting really anxious before calls about staying or leaving and I asked Heavenly Father in my prayers Saturday night that whatever happens, to just help me feel the confirmation that it is His will. After I found out I was staying, I felt a big wave of peace just come over me and my heart and I knew that is is exactly what is supposed to happen. I don't know why and i don't know what's going to happen but I know this is where I'm supposed to be and I'm willing to submit to His will because I know that my mission and my life are in His hands and I'm willing to trust Him.

How blessed are we to have such an amoroso Padre Celestial?? And one who shows us so many miracles? I feel so blessed to be out here and the more time I pass in the mission, the sadder I get when I realize that one day I will have to leave this place and these people. I will have to leave this calling and this ability to preach every single day in the Calle. But it gives me even more reason to give my all every single day and treat it like it's my last. We've seen some incredible things here this last transfer, handed out almost an entire box of Book of Mormons, and seen this area transform completely. So we are stoked to see what happens this transfer.

Ok have a great week beautiful humans and know that God loves you and missions are great!!

Alicante Zone Missionaries



Kia Kaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment