Tuesday, July 18, 2017

DÍA DE 'MÙRICA

🎶MY COUNTRY 'TIS OF THEE, SWEET LAND OF JAMÓN Y CHEESE, OF THEE I SING.
LAND WHERE MY IPAD DIED, LAND OF PAELLA PRIDE, FROM EVERY SPANISH
SIDE, LET FREEDOM RING. 🎶

HAPPY MURICA DAY!!! Hope y'all enjoyed your 4 de Julio like true
Americans. We celebrated with red and blue pancakes for breakfast with
white chocolate chips then took a road trip to Murcia for
intercambios. It was a great day. No we didn't light off fireworks
although that woulda been cool.

Well it's been a week. It's been a crazy great one. We have had some
INCREDIBLE lessons with our investigator. He is seriously so great. We
had a really cool lesson about the Word of Wisdom and committed him to
stop drinking coffee.
Him: "But if I don't then I will be tired!"
Me: "That's exactly why you shouldn't drink it! Because then you
depend on it! You need to take care of your body. Will you go home
tonight and chuck your coffee??"
Him: "Hermana that's money!!"
Me: "But it's also eternal blessings from Heavenly Father!! Will you
keep the Word of Wisdom."
Him: "....yes. I want to be obedient. So I will stop drinking coffee."
WOOHOO!!! And he's still going. He is so strong and so excited to be
baptized next week. We talk about it all the time. "22 de Julio a las
7 por la tarde." He says every time we bring it up. I always feel so
blessed for the opportunity I've had to help him enter into this
covenant of baptism with his Heavenly Father. He has seriously walked
into the font and that's the way it should be. We as missionaries
shouldn't be dragging them in, we should be walking with them, side by
side, as they enter the font and start this new life.

We had some ups and downs but overall it was a great week. I can't
remember all that happened right now but we got some citas set up with
some futures for this week and a Noche de Hogar almost everyday this
week!! Hey you humans, DO FAMILY HOME EVENING!! Not just with your own
family but with everyone and anyone. It's such a good bonding
experience. Also if you guys have cool FHE ideas, like cool fun object
lessons, I'd love to hear your ideas. I'm not creative and we're
trying to come up with more ways to teach gospel principles. SO SEND
IN YOUR IDEAS!! Feel like I'm a commercial but whatever.

Ok so I have started reading the Book of Mormon in english again,
focusing on the Christlike Attribute of Faith. I was reading in
chapter 2 verse 16 when Lehi tells his Familia they got make like a
tree and get out of Jerusalem. Laman and Lemuel are over there like,
"WAAAAAAT?!! Dad noooo whyyyyy are you kidding?? But dad I just bought
these sandals they will definitely not work for the wilderness!!" And
on and on. Then you have Nephi in verse 16 that says: "16 And it came
to pass that I, Nephi, being exceedingly young, nevertheless being
large in stature, and also having great desires to know of the
mysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he
did visit me, and did soften my heart that I did believe all the words
which had been spoken by my father; wherefore, I did not rebel against
him like unto my brothers." Sometimes I think we think, "Aw Nephi look
at that Stud. Doesn't even question it he just goes." WRONG! Sorry but
nope. I love this verse because it goes to show that Nephi DID have a
hard time accepting the vision Lehi had to leave his home. I think the
only person who wouldn't think twice about leaving their home for
unknown reasons would be Jesus Christ. But, because of his faith,
Nephi, instead of murmuring like his brothers and like so many of us
do, turned to the Lord. When the Lord softened his heart, he was all
in because even if he didn't know everything, he know it's what the
Lord needed them to do. I hope to be more like Nephi and have enough
faith to accept and carry out the Lord's will.
We shared this scripture in a member's house and she said something
I'll never forget, "I imagine Nephi as a big strong young man. But boy
is he tiny compared to the faith he has." SO TRUE!! May we all learn
to have faith like Nephi and do what the Lord asks of us. I know that
we are blessed when we do what the Lord asks because He does nothing
save it be for our benefit.

Love you all!! Until next week!!

Hermana Twede

Happy 4th! Sorry, I'm sweating after running.

Intercambios

We love Isabel!

Meet Ines. 92. Very hip. Very Catholic. My favorite.

My home E. Wilding. Because we hit a year this week and we're old.

No comments:

Post a Comment