Monday, January 16, 2017

Together Forever

Hello world.

Well. This week was great. I have officially hit 6 months of living in Spain as a missionary. That's super weird. But it was just a regular day. Actually it was the best day of the week ever and we were literally so busy it was wonderful. Busy days are the best days....but it hits you hard about 2 days later but WHO CARES WHEN YOUR DOING THE WORK OF THE LORD?!?! But yes. I officially have less than a year of my mission left. That's a scary thought bc it's gonna pass by so fast. It really gives me even more animo to really work as hard as possible every single day so I don't waste a single second of this precious time.

Happy 6 months to me! I celebrated by eating a tiny orange...mandarina!

OK SO THIS WEEK!! Well it was a good one. We visited a lot of people, ate tons of food (thanks to members), set a baptismal date, talked about deep doctrine, did face masks, activated surround sound in our piso, dropped my name tag down an elevator shaft, sprinted to the bus like everyday, and walked through a sketchy palm tree forest at night. It was great. But really though.....we bought face masks and then Hma Garcia's mom came in clutch and sent some more so we did them like 3-4 nights in a row.


Face masks. Elders are trying to get some now.

On Tuesday the Zone Leaders and SHEs came to give us announcements from consejo. We set a lot of goals and everyone is trying to be a human while contacting. If you don't know what contacting it, I think it's what other people call teaching.....but idk if that work even exists in the Spanish language. So it's contacting. We have a tendency to be robots while we try to talk to people on the street and that just doesn't work i don't care who you are. Plus it's really boring for the missionary. SO.....We're just to be normal humans. It's been working....sort of. We did have a good talk with a nice lady the other day and she was just the sweetest thing you'll ever meet. She didn't give us her info but she just told us how great we were for talking to people who we don't know and sharing a message about Christ. Nothing like a sweet española to make your day brighter.

Also we tried contacting an entire building on saturday that has 11 floors, but then a lady figured out what we were doing and got mad at us so we had to abort the mission and switch buildings bc she literally waited until we left. But we talked to a lot of people so menos mal.

Something spiritual that happened this week happened on Thursday. Like I said, Thursday was our fullest day of the week. We literally had set citas every single hour starting with an eating cita at 2. We had just finished up our cita with our main investigator where he told us he had prayed about baptism and knew it was what he needed to do and we set a date. So we were pumped after that. He is seriously so great to teach. He told us that last week in church he was going to leave for work because he works at one and we get done with church at that time so he was planning on leaving at 12, meaning he would miss sacrament meeting because we have it last. But he said he just had a feeling he needed to stay for at least a little bit of sacrament so he did. He ended up having the opportunity to partake of the sacrament for the first time and told us he just felt so good when he participated in that. AAAAHHH I LOVE THESE MOMENTS!! I love when people can feel the spirit that accompanies the sacrament because it is so special and that is when people really understand what it is like to feel the spirit. So that was really fun to hear and explain that that was the spirit he was feeling. Oh wow. This work is so cool!!

So after him, we went to our cita with some other investigators.They are 7th Day Adventists who have an incredible knowledge of the Bible it blows my mind. They are kind of tough to teach because if it's not in the Bible, they have a hard time accepting it. But the wife had been asking what we teach about families the past few visits so we decided to show them a video and give them The Family: A Proclamation To The World. We started out by sharing a video where it sings the "Families Can Be Together Forever" song and shows a picture album of families and some apostles speak about eternal families. I've seen the video before, but while I was watching it, I felt the spirit re-enter the room. Then as I really paid attention to the pictures and music, the spirit bore witness to me very clearly, that I REALLY AM going to be with my family for eternity. That because of Jesus Christ, that is possible. And one day I will have my own eternal family. It made me so grateful to be apart of this gospel that teaches me that if I live in accordance with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I can be with the people I love more than anything for all time and eternity. It was a tender and special moment for me there in that living room that made me a little emotional. But I was so grateful for that witness from the spirit about something that I teach and say, but sometimes forget the great significance of it.

I feel so blessed to be a part of this work. My favorite definition of a missionary is "Someone who leaves their family for a time, so others can be with theirs for eternity." How grateful I am to do that. To help others come unto Christ through faith, repentance, baptism by immersion, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and ENDURING TO THE END!! So grateful to be a missionary at this specific point in time and in this specific place in the world. The Lord has some incredible things in store for Elche and I'm excited to be a part of it.

Thanks so much for the support!! Hope y'all have a fantastic week!!

Kia Kaha!!

Hermana Twede

No comments:

Post a Comment