Monday, May 22, 2017

BURNT OR BURNED?

🎶WELCOME WELCOME MONDAY MORNING, NOW WE REST FROM EVERY CARE.
WELCOME WELCOME IS THY DAWNING, ON THIS ONE DAY TO PREPARE.
MERCADONA KINDLY GREETS US, AS WE RUSH TO BUY OUR FOOD.
THEN WE LABOR HARD TO EMAIL, SO OUR MOMS STAY IN A GOOD MOOD.
WELCOME WELCOME MONDAY MORNING, NOW WE REST FROM EVERY CARE!
WELCOME WELCOME IS THY DAWNING, ON THIS ONE DAY TO PREPARE!🎶

Hi. So it's been a stellar week to say the least.

I can't think of say to day but Tuesday was great bc we had district
meeting and I got to see my fave half Mexican compi HERMANA GARCIA!!!
It was a blessed reunion. Wednesday was good. All I remember is
correlación.
Thursday was great. One of our favorite members called us and just
said, "Hermanas why haven't you come to see me?!" And then we answered
with, "WE ARE SORRY NORMA PLEASE FORGIVE US!!" Then she invited us for
lunch that day and it was great. I love their family so much oh my
goodness. I can't remember if I have talked about this before but they
got baptized last year but were active almost members for 3 years.
Their 13 year old son has read the Book of Mormon 11 times and the
Bible 9 times and he has a book of questions that he writes down when
he reads them. Not questions that he needs answers to, questions that
he already has answers to and likes to fire them at everyone else to
test their scriptural knowledge. So I am his biggest victim. So all
during lunch, he just fires doctrinal questions at me and then when I
don't know which apostle was asked to go to the ocean to grab a fish
and find money in its mouth, he gets all FLABBERGASTED LIKE WHAT THE
HECK HERMANA TWEDE WHY DONT YOU HAVE THE BIBLE MEMORIZED?! But I have
gotten some of his Book of Mormon questions so he stops asking me
questions from the Book of Mormon so that I won't be right. Whatevs.
Anyway so it was good. Then our FHE family failed us so we asked them
if we could do one in their house and they are máquinas so they said
yes. Then we ran around all the places to pick up our people to bring,
buuuuuut everyone and their dog failed us. So we still went to the
Noche de Hogar but their 8 year old son gave us the lesson so that he
could pass off something for his Faith in God. It was super great.

Noche de Hogar + Crazy Children = #WINNING

FRIDAY AND SATURDAY WE HAD INTERCAMBIOS!!!! With Hna Bailey (trainer
of Hna Johnson) and Hna Prior (sassiest, most knowledgeable of Harry
Potter Brit I've ever known) and it was the greatest. I was with Hna
Bailey for the night time and everyone failed us so we got to
CONTACT!!! It was awesome. It's been a while since I've walked until
my feet hurt. Felt great. We also had a really good heart to heart
talk. The past little bit I had been at kind of a spiritual low and
had a really hard time seeing growth in myself in a missionary. I
didn't say anything to her but luckily she has a gift and got me
talking. So after a lot of contacting, talking, and a huge chocolate
croissant, we made some pretty solid goals together and saw a bunch of
miracles. So needless to say it was a super good intercambio and
EXACTLY what I needed. Isn't it so cool how God knows exactly what we
need exactly when we need it?

The Croissant Baby


Yesterday, the Sabbath, was awesome. Church was super awesome and we
felt the spirit a lot. I got to help out with Singing Time in primary
and that's always fun. Children are crazy and sing at the top of their
little lungs her and I have to keep from laughing so I don't mess up
playing the piano for them. Oh also we made paella for lunch and it
was delish.

Ok so SPIRITUAL STUFF!! I think this is one of the shortest emails
I've written so far so Happy Birthday to you. And you. And you. Happy
Birthday to everybody!! Short emails for everyone!! Ok sorry back to
the point of this paragraph. THE SPIRIT! Ok so this week I've been
studying a lot about Charity bc.....yah know.....need to develop that.
But I learned something super cool. In Moroni 7:45 it describes
charity. And the first thing it says about charity is that it
"sufferers long"......so I thought, "what does that mean?" Well I went
to my dictionary and looked it up and got the definition of "to
endure". So when we have charity we "endure" well and long the trials
we are given. Thought that was cool. Then I looked up the definition
in the Bible Dictionary and it said, "to allow or permit". Then I
continued to read all the scriptures of how Christ showed charity and
in almost every single verse it said that He "suffered". I read it in
a completely new light. Christ endured because of His love for us. He
ALLOWED himself to be put up on that cross, to be smitten and scorned,
to bleed from every poor, FOR US!! His brothers and sisters!! He
endured the Garden of Gethsemane because He knew we needed Him to. It
wasn't easy.....para nada. But He did it. For you. And for me. And for
all of us. And that's why I'm serving a mission. To share that with
people who do know yet that somebody really does understand them.
I love this gospel and the opportunity I have to be right where I'm at
right now with the companion I'm with. I'm blessed to have a Heavenly
Father that allowed me to be here in Spain teaching His children and
bringing them to the light of the gospel. I know this gospel is true
and it is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon is the
most correct of any book on the face of the earth. I know that the
gospel changes lives because it's changed mine.

Love you all. The church is true. Have a great week.

Kia Kaha

Hermana Twede

The sunset in Los Alcázares

Murcia is cool.

The new capilla that they are building in Los Alcázares. It's HUUUUGE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment