Monday, November 13, 2017

COOKING CLASS

Hello culinary people!!! Jokes just quoting a movie that probably no
one will get it's fine. I'm used to quoting movies by myself......

Anyway so it's been a good week!! My cold has whipped wildly through
me very quickly. When I talk Spanish (and English) i still sound a
little bit like I'm plugging my nose but it's getting better.
#MILAGROS So super duper grateful for that.

Tuesday was awesome because we went to Elche to have a district
meeting with them and at was good. Then we brought Hna Lake and Hna
Dillon back with us for intercambios!! I got to be with Hna Dillon for
that night and she is in training and a MÁQUINA!!! She was contacting
people left and right and I was amazed!! So it was a really good and
we got some good contacting in and taught English and had an all
around good night.

Intercambios

Wednesday we were supposed to work with the Hnas for a little longer
but had the pleasant surprise of THEIR Piso checks so we had to send
them off quickly and then went to the church and taught a funny
Italian man. He was very fuerte but invited us to "dar una vuelta" in
his boat that he lives in so that was nice of him. Later that day we
got failed many times but está bien because we got to go choir
practice because I was asked to play for them. So we got to hang out
with the cutest old Spanish abuelas so that was fun.

Thursday we had Piso checks and PASSED!! Woot. They gave us cheesecake
snickerdoodles and they were AMAZING!! Then we had weekly planning and
it went really well. That afternoon we had a REALLY interesting lesson
with one of our investigators and I will not give details but then the
Noche de Hogar after with our fave family was AWESOME!!! We've seen
soooo many miracles with their family and so excited to see more. Also
they are ALL READING THEIR SCRIPTURES EVERYDAY!!!! Makes a missionary
happy.

Friday we had a good lesson with another investigator on the Plan of
salvation and I had a really cool opportunity to testify of the
truthfulness of the Plan of Salvation through knowing the Book of
Mormon is true. I probably should have done that a while ago but it
was really cool. Then we had district meeting, met with a menos
activa, met with a member and she taught out how to make bread, and
then contacted. Good day.

Saturday we did some studies and then ate with our favorite family
from Bolivia. They also taught us how to make our favorite dish Majau.
SO GOOD!! I love Southie food. Also that night we had a miraculous
meeting with one of our recent converts. We taught him how to put
Christ back into His proper place in his life. Really cool.

Yesterday I had the BLESSED opportunity to speak in church. I decided
to speak on love because that has been a big theme. I've realized that
our Heavenly Father has been trying to teach us to love each other. It
is something I'm learning to do more and more but I came to the
realization that to learn how to love, we need to put Jesus Christ
back in the center of our lives, because He knows how to love
perfectly, despite our mortal imperfections. I invite all, just like I
did yesterday, to put Jesus Christ back where He belongs: in the
center of your life. He has changed my life and I know that I've come
to know Him more in my time here in Spain. I love the Lord. I love the
gospel. I KNOW ITS TRUE!!!

Have a great week!!

Kia Kaha

Hermana Twede

Choir Squad

Waiting for our investigator...mice decided to join us.

Lessons with Bea!! She's a hoot!

We made pazookie!

Our church doesn't have a freezer so....we are geniuses and made the ice cream into an ice cube!

No comments:

Post a Comment