Monday, November 27, 2017

LA MANZANITA

Ok so you know how I have red cheeks? And how my brother has them too?
Well the past few weeks, because it's been a little colder and I'm
getting a little whiter, EVERYONE has been noticing even more and
EVERYONE calls me "la manzanita" or in English "the little apple". One
lady literally said, "Whenever I eat a red apple I'm going to think of
you." Thank you. I feel.....honored. #TheCurseOfTheRedCheeks

Well here we are, another week!! I can't believe it. I've now come to
a point in my mission I never thought I would reach. In my first
transfer, i never imagined I'd actually make it to my last or that it
would come. I honestly thought I was going to live my whole life as a
missionary in Granada until the day I passed on. But.....then I
blinked.....and now I'm here and it's weird. But it's ok.

So this week was a good week. Went super fast. On Saturday we did a
kick off for the new Christmas initiative. We went to a residencia de
mayores with our jóvenes and sang Christmas hymns. I was slightly
worried because: 1. Didn't know if anyone would show up besides
missionaries and 2. Old people in those homes make me slightly
uncomfortable, I don't know why. But we had a really good turn out for
the youth and some of the abuelos started crying. It was really tender
and the spirit was there and we definitely lifted some spirits. It was
awesome.

Singing at the residency home.
Monday was an adventure with food once again. I ate something called
Chuño. It's a really small potato that is really expensive and really
"delicious" in Bolivia. The way they are prepared is by being in a
field in the mountains, and people stepping on them with their BARE
FEET!! And if you know me, you know I hate feet. Well a couple weeks
ago, they showed us how they were prepared and I was so grossed out.
Well this Monday they told us they had something new to feed us. When
we sat down, I had a feeling I knew what we were eating. Usually they
don't tell us what we are eating until after we are already eating it.
But this time they weren't saying anything, so we did some prying.
Hna Bailey: Mmmmmm this is good, what is it?
Members: Chicken and rice
Bailey: No THIS. (Holds up potato)
Members: .....Potato
Bailey: Heh, yes......but what KIND of potato?
Members: *Laughing hysterically*
Me: ITS THE FEET POTATOES!!!
Members: *Literally crying of laughter*
And that is the story of how I ate feet potatoes and then at chicken
with my hands. I think Heavenly Father is trying to help me over come
my phobia of feet by feeding me food prepared with feet and a
companion who would put her feet on me to break my
phobia.......well.....it's not working. I still hate feet.

This email is all over the place but basically it was an awesome week.
It was Hna Baileys last so we ate with a bunch of people. I'm super
sad to see her leave but she must spread her wings and fly home to
California. OH AND WE HAD THANKSGIVING!! Good heavens I almost forgot.
It was soooo good. Everyone had assignments of what to bring and they
did awesome. We put Elder Stewart and Elder Larsen in charge of the
turkey and they NAILED IT!! Soooo good. I think it beats the turkey
from last year in Granada. Then we had an eating cita like an hour
after so I almost died. I could hardly give the message or else
everything was going to come back up.

Thanksgiving!!!

Turkeys are dumb and eat pebbles and pen caps.

Writing notes to random people. #IluminoElMundo (Light the World)

Long shory stort, this week I've been shoved full of food over and
over again. Super fun. Oh also I got transfer news.....my new comp
will be: HNA SIGCHA!! She is from my group and she's the cutest little
ecuatoriana from Spain ever. So it's gonna be an awesome transfer.
#Spanish4Days

Well I just want to testify of the love of our Savior. I know He loves
us soooo much. I know that the Spirit changes hearts of those who seem
to have iron locks. I know that our Heavenly Father is a God of
miracles. MIRACLES HAVE NOT CEASED!! We just sometimes lack the faith.
I encourage all to do the things that increase your faith and make an
effort this week to look for the miracles in your life. Love you all!!

Have a great week!!

Kia Kaha

Hermana Twede

No comments:

Post a Comment