Monday, November 20, 2017

SALT WATER

"It's kind of like when you're at the end of a drought and you just
want water soooo bad that even salt water sounds good. But you don't
need salt water! You deserve good water!!"

Did you know that Bolivians will boil cow's feet and take the broth
from that and make it into a jello dessert thing? It's called Gelatina
de Pata......you should try it some time. Could be fun.

Ok well this week was stellar and crazy and just super fast I don't
even know if I my eyes were open for it all because I blinked and it
was Monday again. Well I'll start with the great day that was Tuesday.
Lately we've been having no luck with people even stopping to talk to
us in the street or take even a card. Well Tuesday I was on
intercambios with Hermana Valdez and on our way home we had time to
contact. We had a goal to get three futures that day and Hermana López
and Valdez had also been having a hard time with contacting, so I was
determined to get in some good contacting. OH MY SO MANY MIRACLES!!
Almost every. Single. Person we stopped, stopped, talked to us, then
either gave us their number or at least took a card. But we were able
to get three solid future investigators right in a row!! I just looked
at Hermana Valdez and said, "¡Qué milagros!" It was really cool and
just reaffirmed that God is guiding this work and He will lead us to
His elect or  He will lead them to us.

Wednesday was good, we had Consejo de Zona so we got to meet with the
district leaders in the zone and have some good discussions on what
the zone needs and how we can better attend to the needs of the
missionaries. Then we ate some really good, really cheap pizza and
shout out to Hermana Bailey bc she finished her pizza!! #YouGoGlenCoco

Thursday morning we hopped on a bus and headed for Málaga to have
intercambios with Hermana Moore and Hermana Torjeson!! I was with Hna
Torjeson for the night which was awesome because she's from my group
and we've never really served with eachother so it was fun to work
with her. Hermana Torjeson and I just went crazy on contacting and saw
a lot of miracles. One guy we talked to about his moped and he had a
huge jamón and then he went inside and came out a few minutes later
with a Tupperware full of jamón and gave it to us!! I love nice
people! One guy who we stopped, was not interested at all but still
stopped and talked to us. By the end of it, he willingly accepted a
Book of Mormon and actually asked for one in English because he speaks
really well and likes to practice so that was cool. Everyone we talked
to was sooooo nice and we saw a lot of miracles. It was really
awesome. It made me realize how much I LOVE talking to people.
Sometimes I fall out of that love of talking to people but when I get
started again, I just remember how cool this opportunity that we have
is, to talk to people from literally all over the world. Not everyone
stops, but those who do are just so awesome. I feel like we can feed
off of each others light of Christ within us because my soul just
feels filled to the brim after talking to a lot of people. I love it.

Friday we worked a little in the morning then hopped back on a bus
home to Alicante. Traveling is always an adventure. Saturday we did
Weekly Planning and had a really great Noche de Hogar. We are teaching
the dad and his heart is changing soooo much. It's so cool because we
notice it and he notices it too. So cool what the spirit can do.

Yesterday, Sunday, was awesome because Hermana Bailey and I had the
opportunity to participate in the PRIMARY PROGRAM!! Their pianist
wasn't there so I got to substitute and Hermana Bailey got the blessed
opportunity to sing. It was such a miracle because children who aren't
active, came that day so they were able to have a really nice program.

Today I was reading in 3 Nephi 17 about when Christ is telling the
people He has to leave and they just look at Him and don't want Him to
go, so He tells them to bring all their sick and afflicted to Him and
He will heal them. As I was reading, I realized that it said the whole
multitude went forward, EVERYONE. And words from Elder Holland (from
what talk, where, and when I have no clue) that reminded me that we
are ALL a little sick and a little afflicted.....maybe not physically,
but ALL of us need to be healed by Christ. I realized that I need to
be healed by Christ. He is there with His arms extended and healing in
His wings, we just need to grasp His hands and let Him heal us. I know
it's true and I know He loves each and every one of us.

Love you all. Have a great week.

Kia Kaha

Hermana Twede

Elder Randall's first talk in district meeting. He did so well!

Intercambios with Hermanas Valdez and Lopez.

Intercambios is Malaga!

Noche de Hogar with Alejandra y fam. She let Hna Bailey eat raw meat.

We were practicing our homemaking skills and made
homemade bread and empanadas.
Tasted better than it looks, promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment