Monday, November 6, 2017

NEVERLAND

Did you know that pig tongue is actually not as good as it sounds? And
that even when you wear a mustache, you still won't look Mexican? Oh
and that Elder Trowell is really good at fake crying? Well.....all are
true.


VIVA MEXICO!

Ingredients: Pig head, pig skin, and pig tongue. #YUM


Another fact: If you take missionaries to a wedding, they won't want
to make some cookies, they will just feel very awkward.

This week has been a good one. I can't promise I'm going to say a lot
of inspiring words because I'm tired and slightly under the weather so
apologies in advance. But speaking of weather, it's finally started to
cool down a little here in Alicante!! Tomorrow is supposed to drop a
lot so stay tuned, sweater weather is upon us.

Ok so Tuesday we had intercambios with Hermana Aase and Aguilar and it
was HALLOWEEN!! So we ate with the missionaries at Domino's to
celebrate. I was with Hermana Aase that night and it was awesome. We
saw sooo many miracles and our companions found a new lady to teach
and she is super awesome!


Wednesday we had ZONE CONF!! It was so awesome. We got a new chapter
of Preach my Gospel and it's awesome. Also Elder Bennasar and his
sweet wife spoke to us again and they did really well. Great humans.
That night we taught our new investigator and because she also speaks
English, we got to have the help of Hna Andersen as well!! Really
powerful lesson on the Restoration.

Thursday and Friday were intercambios with Hna Malcom and Hna Lindley,
both just gems and great missionaries. We learned so much from them so
it was a blessing to have them. Thursday morning I had interviews with
Pte Andersen and it was so good. I love just being in his presence. We
also decided to make lentejas (lentils) and didn't realize that when
you put them in water, they quadruple practically......so maybe
tripling the recipe wasn't our wisest decision......but they tasted
good in the end......at least the ones who made it to the pot.

Lentejas.

Just sooo many lentejas.......

Saturday was really awesome. Kinda a crazy day but we started doing
the new weekly planning and that was an adventure. But we set some new
goals so this week will be good. #EmotionsWeek buthen remember my
recent convert Rubén and his cute fiancée Eva?? Well we used to joke
that I was gonna happen to end up in Alicante when they had their
wedding.....well it actually happened and I got permission from
President to drop in and congratulate them!! They looked soooo happy!!
So proud of them and the steps they are taking to be sealed one day in
the temple. But also Hna Bailey and I realized that if you want to
stick a missionary 100% out of their comfort zone, take them to a
wedding. Most awkward 5 minutes of my life. But it was fun to see
them.

Weddings. Marriage. So cute!

Sunday is always a special day. Our investigator came to church.
Testimony meeting was.....an adventure but good. I love the
opportunity to fast and it was awesome because we fasted with some
members and it went really well.

Today we've had a Mexican themed pday so we've been eating dip,
quesadillas, fajitas, lots of chips and stuff so it's been fun.

The message I want to share is one I've been sharing for the last 16
months: the light of the gospel changes lives. Hna Bennasar talked
about after Christ died there was that very dark Friday, but that
Sunday did come and it was a bright and glorious day. "Because of the
message you share, those people who are stuck on a dark Friday, they
can see Sunday come." (Hna Bennasar) the gospel brings a light into
our lives unlike anything else. I am a witness of that here in Spain.
I know it changes lives because it's changed mine. I may be young, but
I know this is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I don't have to pass
through the worst trials ever to know that, and even when I pass
through those trials, that will not change what I know to be true. I
know it is true. If you don't yet, I invite you to do what is
necessary to obtain that testimony. It will serve you for good for the
rest of your life.

Have a great week. Love you all.

Kia Kaha

Hermana Twede

We found Neverland!

Awkwardness

Stairs are just hard sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment