Monday, December 4, 2017

LONELY

Hello friends. Here we are again. Another Monday. I'm currently
sitting on a bus to Málaga with my fave half Mexican previous comp, my
current Ecuadorian comp, and my CCM British roommate. So you could say
we're having a good time.

Ok so this week was REALLY interesting I don't even really remember
what happened. First off, I've had about 5 different companions this
week. Before I get to that though I need to start with the struggle
that was Monday night. So since Hna was leaving, EVERYONE wanted us to
come to their house. So we had 3 Noches de Hogar!! THREE!! TRES!! The
first house gave us a full course meal of pique machu. Delish but for
some reason my stomach decided to shrink that day. Then we had Cola
Cao and Pan de Bono with Alejandra and fam. Then we showed up to the
last NdH at Rossana's and my stomach was already crying and so was I
on the inside and we walk up and I'm praying for like a little snack
and we walk in and see........FULL SIZE HAMBURGERS!! As a citizen of
the United States of America - Land of the French Fries, Home of the
Hamburger - I've never been so horrified to see a hamburger. Hna
Bailey just looked at me with an almost pitiful look and after the
spiritual thought I literally went into the bathroom and said a
prayer. I needed actual Heavenly help to fit the Hamburger in my
stomach. Well Hna Bailey was the answer to my prayer with the excuse
of packing her suitcases. #BLESSED

Tuesday was a sad day for it was the day my beloved Hna Bailey (now
returned Macey) left me for home. So I got to be comps with Hna Aase!!
We had a good time together. And then she left me on Wednesday morning
and I was with......no one. I went from the bus station to the train
station by myself. #weird and met the elders there. Then they left to
go study and I waited for almost an hour for my train to Elche......by
myself. #AlsoWeird #Lonely Then I rode the train to Elche and talked
to two Muslim men......by myself. #CouldItGetWeirder? Then I stood by
a JW stand while I waited for Hna Lake and Dillon to come retrieve me.
#StraightUpAwkward but I spent the day with them and then headed back
to Alicante where I was retrieved from the train station by the elders
again and then waited for everyone to come in including my new
companion!!

Lonely on the bus
And pretty much it's been a normalish week since!! Kinda slow but
normal because it's the beginning of the transfer.

I just want to end with my testimony that God listens to our prayers.
I've had some really great experiences the past few days of that. When
I don't have energy, I pray and I suddenly have energy to finish the
day. When I get discouraged I pray and hope is shined into my heart.
When I need comfort, the Holy Ghost is there to comfort me. I know God
loves and loves me. I know He listens to my prayers because he shows
me in many ways that He is listening, even if I don't get all the
answers immediately. I am so grateful for prayer. I will never cease
to have a prayer in my heart for the rest of eternity.

Love you all. Have a great week.

Kia Kaha


Hermana Twede

Lunch with Arlex and Edilia (Arlex tried to hug Hna Bailey...'twas funny.)

Recording our voices for Zoilo's radio.

Travel time with Hermana Sigcha.

No comments:

Post a Comment