Monday, October 24, 2016

Count Your Blessings

Hey there kiddies. How's good ol Wherever You Are Reading This?? Hope all is well.

Well this week was good.....work was a little slow but....I'm learning patience with the Lord's timing. Which, if you know me, you know that patience is a virtue I lack severely so this is good.

We contacted A LOT this week because most of our citas failed us. That's frustrating for me because I feel more productive when I'm teaching but.....you can't teach if you don't have investigators and we find investigators through contacting so....thus is the life of a missionary. BUT ITS ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD Y'ALL! Because we found some solid futures and started teaching this one this week and throughout the lesson her family joined us and then they invited us back....so that means WE'RE TEACHING A FAMILY!! So stoked.

But the best part of the week happened at the end pretty much. Well not pretty much it just was at the end. SO. We have been visiting this menos activa (less active) for a long time. She has a son who was baptized and became a menos activo quickly after. We have been trying so hard to get her to come to church and she always says she intends to but never comes. The last time we visited her this week, she was telling us that her son keeps saying he doesn't believe in God and doesn't feel Him in his life and she was just wondering what she could say to him. After that lesson, I just prayed to know how we could help her. I just kept thinking that her son needs friends in the church. Well Friday we had English classes and correlación. The ward also had mutual and we walked out of English class and guess who we saw? The son of our menos activa!!! Our bishop and his daughters had gone and picked him up and brought him! He looked happy to be there. Then they told him that they would pick him up again for church on Sunday. Then on Sunday, Hermana Moore and I walked in and saw him sitting in the pews talking with some members in a white shirt and tie. We were so happy to see him! And he was excited to be there. Then he told us he wanted to receive the priesthood and everything. Then he came out of his classes with a Duty To God booklet and was so excited to start it!! Oh my that was such a big miracle and blessing for this week.

So yeah that pretty much was the best part of this week. I just want y'all to know that I KNOW THE GOSPEL IS TRUE! A lot of garbage goes on in our world today and I don't understand why a lot of it happens. But what I do understand and know is that GOD LOVES HIS CHILDREN. And He is SO aware of us and our needs. It's amazing to have the opportunity to witness the way God handles His children as He caters to their every need. The Plan of Salvation is real. And it was created for YOU. My favorite part of that Plan is that there are missionaries in the Spirit World giving people ANOTHER chance to accept the gospel. Literally GOD THINKS OF EVERYTHING! Please.

If you don't know the gospel is true, I ask you to get on your knees right now and ask God if it is. Give God a chance to bring you closer to Him. He loves you. Open your eyes and see it. There's a reason we need to go to church. There's a reason you need to pray. There's a reason you need to read your scriptures. There's a reason for every single part of this gospel and the simple answer is so that we can return to live with God again. I'm only 3 months into my mission and I've preached this until I'm blue in the face. Some people get it. Some don't. Please, I ask you all from the most deep and tender parts of my heart, to come closer to Christ. To rebuild your testimony of the gospel, or to start building it. Have a little faith. As a missionary of Jesus Christ, I get to bear His name on my chest every. Single. Day. And share my witness that this gospel is the true gospel. That I KNOW it is true. That Christ VOLUNTEERED to come down and suffer a price so great that none of us can comprehend, so that YOU CAN LIVE WITH HIM AGAIN. That it doesn't matter where you are, what you've done, if you let Him, Christ will pick you up, and carry you Home. I know this without a shadow of a doubt.

Thank you for the support you give me and all the missionaries around the world. I love you all and have a great week.

Hermana Twede

No comments:

Post a Comment